We’re in LOVE with yarn hearts and can’t get enough of them. They are super simple to crochet, you can whip a whole basket of them up in no time. Add a pencil to them and they are even more heart-tastic! These crochet heart pencil toppers make great gifts to give on Valentine’s day. Maybe even a teacher or two that might LOVE to sport one of these toppers on their pencils for Valentines!
Crochet Heart Pencil Toppers
- crochet hook – to fit your size yarn (around H or I)
- crochet needle
Crochet Heart Pattern:
1. Chain stitch 4
2. Slip stitch through the first loop to make a circle.
3. Chain 2 (this will act as a double crochet).
4. Crochet 2 triple crochet stitches.
5. Crochet 3 double crochet stitches.
6. Chain 1 – crochet 1 triple stitch – chain 1
Now repeat back:
7. Crochet 3 double crochet stitches.
8. Crochet 2 triple crochet stitches.
9. Crochet 1 double crochet stitch.
10. Slip stitch through the center of the circle to complete the heart.
11. With your crochet needle, hide your tails into the center of your heart and trim any excess.
Today we’re making them into darling little crochet heart pencil toppers, making writing all the more fun!
Press your pencil’s eraser right through the center of your heart. The heart’s center should open up just enough to let it stay on and not slide off.
Add a pencil to each of your hearts – so cute!
They are ready to gift for Valentine’s Day! Have fun giving away all different colors of hearts and pencils to your valentine!